If you own a dog/cat in the Town of Newmarket, you are required to license them each year. You can license your dog/cat online, over the phone, by mail, or in-person. Animal licensing in Newmarket is managed by DocuPet Inc. Visit newmarket.docupet.com to license your dog/cat and learn more about their Lost Pet System and local DocuPet Rewards Program that are included with your pet licence.
It is our responsibility to provide a safe community for our citizens and their pets. Licensing plays an important role in our ability to fulfill this responsibility. A licence allows animal control to identify your dog/cat, get in touch with you and make decisions that are in the best interest of your dog/cat should it become lost or injured.
How to license my dog/cat?
The Newmarket pet licensing program is managed by DocuPet Inc. DocuPet provides a licensing solution that is simple yet convenient, and includes added benefits for pet owners. You can license online in less than five minutes and will immediately gain access to your profile, which is used to reunite you with your dog/cat in the event that they become lost. You will be in compliance as soon as you complete the form, and you will receive your pet tag in the mail within 8 to 10 business days.
License Online Now Renew My Dog/ Cat License
Ways to License your dog/cat
- Over the phone by calling DocuPet at 1-855-249-1370
- By mail to: Town of Newmarket, 395 Mulock Drive, Newmarket, Ontario, L3Y 4X7 *Download Form
- In -person at any of the following locations:
- Municipal Offices, Customer Service - 395 Mulock Drive
- Magna Centre, Customer Service Kiosk - 800 Mulock Drive
- Ray Twinney Recreation Complex, Customer Service Kiosk - 100 Eagle Street West
- Armitage Animal Clinic - 18025 Yonge Street
- College Manor Veterinary Hospital - 869 Mulock Drive
- Hillside Veterinary Clinic - 17095 Yonge Street North
- Yonge Veterinary Clinic - 17725 Yonge Street
- Pet Paradise - 1111 Davis Drive
- Quaker Hill Veterinary Hospital - 16925 Yonge Street
- K9 to 5 Doggie Daycare - 38 Parkside Drive, Unit #5
To learn more about your licensing options and get started, visit newmarket.docupet.com
Fees and Fines
Licences are required for all dogs/cats living in Newmarket. They must be renewed every year prior to the expiration date. Failure to present a valid licence will result in a fine.
*You must enter your birthdate to qualify for the senior rate. Please note that Newmarket's licensing program operates on a 365 day cycle. This means that all licenses expire the following year on the date they were purchased.
Need to report a lost dog/cat?
Contact Animal Control at 1-855-898-8605 or get in touch with the Georgina Animal Shelter & Adoption Centre at 1-800-898-8606
Lost dog/cat? DocuPet’s Lost Pet Report can help. Log in to your profile and report your dog/cat lost using the red button. An email will go out to community members letting them know how they can help.
- Have a question about licensing or the DocuPet program? Contact DocuPet Customer Service at 1-855-249-1370
Need to make a report? Contact Animal Control at 1-855-898-8605
- Need to get in touch with the the Georgina Animal Shelter & Adoption Centre? Call 1-800-898-8606