Waste material may be left behind for a number of reasons. Collection crews do their best to pick up your waste material however, please remember that they will not collect material that has not been properly set out. Before reporting a missed collection, below are some common reasons why your waste material may not have been collected:
Common Reasons for Missed Garbage Collection:
- Garbage bag/container was not set out at the curb by 7 AM on your collection day.
- Wrong collection week for garbage.
- Number of garbage bags/containers exceeds the limit.
- Unaccepted or oversized garbage container.
- Garbage bag/container exceeds the weight limit.
- Item requires a large item tag or special metal item pick-up.
- Item is not accepted for curbside pickup (e.g. e-waste, tires, HHW, etc.).
- Bags inside garbage container are not tied/loose material inside bin.
Common Reasons for Missed Blue Box Collection:
- Blue box was not set out at the curb by 7 AM on your collection day.
- Unaccepted or oversized container.
- Unacceptable items were placed in your blue box (e.g. plastic bags, foam packaging, shredded paper, etc.).
- Cardboard not broken down and bundled properly.
Common Reasons for Missed Green Bin Collection:
- Green bin was not set out at the curb by 7 AM on your collection day.
- Unaccepted or oversized green bin.
- Black garbage bags being used to line green bin.
- Green bin exceeds the weight limit.
- Bags inside green bin are not tied/loose material inside bin.
Common Reasons for Missed Yard Waste Collection:
- Yard waste was not set out at the curb by 7 AM on your collection day.
- Wrong collection week for yard waste.
- Unaccepted yard waste container.
- Yard waste bags are ripped/falling apart.
- Unacceptable material was placed in your yard waste (e.g. grass clippings, dirt, sod, etc.)
- Branches are oversized and not bundled properly.
In the event that your waste material was not set out properly for collection, please remove your waste material from the curb by 8 p.m. on your collection day and set out for collection on your next designated collection day in accordance with the Town of Newmarket’s waste program requirements. Residents can also take their waste material to select York Region waste depots for disposal.
If the reasons above do not apply, please report your
missed waste collection to Green for Life (GFL) at 1-866-421-5625 or by email at [email protected].
Received an "Oops" sticker? Visit GFL's missed collection page for more information.
Waste Collection Status
For the latest information on today's waste collection, please visit GFL's website. This page will be updated throughout the day with the latest information on delayed collections.