ELMAN W. CAMPBELL MUSEUM, owned by the Corporation of the Town of Newmarket and operated by the Elman W. Campbell Museum Board of Management, is a non-profit, educational institution created for the purpose of collecting, preserving, researching, studying, exhibiting and interpreting artifacts related to the social, political and economic history of the Town of Newmarket and its environs from the time of the first settlers to thirty years before present, for the benefit of residents of the Town of Newmarket and visitors from outside the Town.
The Elman W. Campbell Museum is wheelchair accessible.
Location: 134 Main Street South, Newmarket, ON
For more information call 905-953-5314 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To view a 360° panorama tour of the Elman W. Campbell Museum, click the image below.
Please note the Elman W. Campbell Museum will be temporarily closed for scheduled maintenance December 21 up to and including February 4.
Programs and Events
Wee Fun Wednesdays: Kids & Caregivers
Wednesday, February 12 to June 17, 2020 (NA March 18) | 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Ages 1 to 4 with an adult | Cost: $3 cash/child
- Lots of hands-on playtime at table top stations
- Go on a self-guided tour of the Museum
- Make new friends!
Enhance your child's winter and spring with unique learning-through-play opportunities at the Museum. No long-term commitment - just drop in Wednesday morning. Join us as we stimulate your child's imagination, communication and cooperation skills in a fun environment through different themes and crafts each week.
March Break Fun
March 17 to 20, 2020 | 1 to 3 p.m.
Enjoy a different craft theme each day and have fun all week with scavenger hunts, hands on playtime with tabletop activities (wooden train set, wooden doll house, build a log cabin, colouring, slates with chalk, mini dental office & more). Suitable for ages 4 to 10.
Adult supervision required.
- Tuesday, March 17, St. Patrick's Day Fun: Assortment of easy and fun theme crafts. Free drop-in!
- Wednesday, March 18, Make your own Dinosaur Terrarium! Includes theme supplies. $10/child (cash at the door). Pre-register at email@example.com or 905-953-5314.
- Thursday, March 19, Pioneer Fun! Learn to make butter, yarn crafts, button spinners, play with reproduction pioneer toys. Free drop-in!
- Friday, March 20, Make your own Bird Feeder Ornament and decorate a Bird House $5/child, (cash at the door). Pre-register at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-953-5314.
Grandma's Attic (New)
Begins April 1, 2020 | 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m.
Do you remember visiting Grandma's Attic? Explore hidden treasures from the Museum collection, some items will be displayed for the first time! Clothing, steam trunks, suitcases, Dressmakers Judy, hats, gloves, jewellery, men's suit, dressers, shoes, dolls, doll house, toys, rocking horse, lamps, sewing machine, chairs, rugs and hat boxes. Free admission (Monetary donations greatly received).