About Committees and Boards
Town of Newmarket Council establishes Committees and Boards to be responsible for and make recommendations to Council regarding various matters. The Town promotes and encourages citizen engagement and Committees play an important role in assisting to shape our community.
All Committee and Board meetings are open to the public. Meeting dates, agendas and minutes are posted on the Agendas, Minutes and Meetings page.
Get Involved. Join a committee or board.
Participez. Rejoignez un comité ou un conseil d'administration.
Participe. Únase a un comité o a un consejo de administración.
مشارکت کنید. به کمیته یا کادر بپیوندید.
Присоединяйтесь. Вступите в комитет или совет.
Committee and Board recruitment for the 2022-2026 Term of Council is now open! The Town is recruiting the following committees:
- Accessibility Advisory Committee (8 positions open)
- Appeal Committee (5 positions open)
- Audit Committee (3 positions open)
- Committee of Adjustment (5 positions open and 1 alternate)
- Elman W. Campbell Museum Board (4 positions open)
- Heritage Newmarket Advisory Committee (6 positions open)
- Newmarket Economic Development Advisory Committee (14 residents, local business owners or key stakeholders)
- Newmarket Public Library Board (4 positions open)
- Property Standards Committee (5 positions open)
Who can apply?
To serve on a Committee of Council, an applicant or member must be:
- A resident of Newmarket or own property within Newmarket unless Council deems it appropriate in order to acquire specialized knowledge, experience or representation, to maintain continuity or any other reason Council deems appropriate;
- 18 years of age or older unless otherwise specified in the Terms of Reference for the applicable committee;
- Not employed by the Town of Newmarket or the Newmarket Public Library;
- A Canadian citizen where required by law or the Committee's Terms of Reference.
How to Apply
All interested residents are encouraged to apply. Please fill out the Town's Committee and Board application form. Applicants are strongly encouraged to include a resume and cover letter.
Please send completed forms and any additional materials to email@example.com or by mail to:
Town of Newmarket
395 Mulock Drive
P.O. Box 328 STN Main
Newmarket, ON L3Y 4X7
Applications will also be accepted in person at the Town of Newmarket Municipal Offices, Legislative Services Department, 395 Mulock Drive, Newmarket.
When to Apply by
Applications are due 4:30 PM on Friday, February 10, 2023.
How can I learn more?
The Town of Newmarket held a virtual information session and streamed on Facebook Live. A copy of the presentation is available for viewing. The session was also recorded and you can watch the video below:
For more Information
For more information on how committees operate or how committee selection is made, please see the following:
To best serve the community, the Office of the Clerk has compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions.
Residents may also wish to visit each Committee's Town Page to learn more about a specific Committee's mandate, minutes, Terms of Reference, and other information.
Please note: the Dismantling Anti-Black Racism Task Force and the Main Street District Business Improvement Area Board of Management are operating and recruitment will commence once reviews of the respective groups are completed. If you're interested in serving on one of these Committees please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will advise you once recruitment is open. Alternatively, you can continue to check this website for up to date information.
Residents may email email@example.com or call 905-895-5193 with additional questions.