The Town of Newmarket is excited to announce that we will be offering extended care at select locations! Regular camp hours will by 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., with morning extended care from 7:30 to 9 a.m., and evening extended care from 4 to 5:30 p.m. Extended care locations will be listed on the registration website.
The Town of Newmarket is happy to offer a variety of summer camps for Summer 2022 including:
- General Camps
- Art Camps
- Sports Camp
- Swim Camps
- Specialty Camps
- Leadership Camps
View our Summer Camp Guide and Summer 2022 Camp Chart for more information on Monday, March 28!
The Town of Newmarket is dedicated to ensuring all campers have a successful camp experience. There are times when a child requires more support than our program ratios are able to provide. In these cases, we strongly recommend consulting with us about our support options.
Additional support is required if:
- Extra support is required at school
- A disability exists that could affect the safety of the participant or other participants
- Extra support is required at home for basic care
- The participant is associated with a support agency and/or program
- The participant has a safety plan with their educational institution
- There are behaviours to be managed (ie. biting, scratching, pinching, etc)
Families are required to complete an All About Me Package and provide an IEP and Safety Plan to help camp staff with any program adaptations. When considering a recreation experience, please consider the individual's needs, and that the recreation integrated setting may not be suitable for all persons. Health and Safety of participants and staff is paramount, which could result in participants being denied access to the program. This includes safety measures related to complying with COVID-19 Provincial and Regional Safety Guidelines.
To discuss camp integration and support needs for Summer 2022, please email email@example.com or call 905-953-5300 ext. 2821
The Town of Newmarket camp staff are chosen for their passion for working with children, creativity and leadership skills. All camp staff are certified in Standard First Aid, CPR "C" and HIGH FIVE® Principles of Healthy Child Development, Safeguard and have received a positive Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
To help serve you more efficiently and save time, we will be sending all camp paperwork through email. Prior to camp starting, you will receive an email to complete your child's camp paperwork. You will only need to complete this paperwork once for the entire summer! Camp forms can also be found below and emailed into firstname.lastname@example.org when completed.
To verify that your email is correct in our system, please contact our Customer Service department at 905-953-5303 or check your Quik-E-Link account online.
Click the links below to download the fillable camp forms:
We require all parents/guardians to sign their child in and out of camp daily. Parents/guardians should be prepared to show photo ID daily at sign out. You may choose to give your child permission to arrive and leave camp on their own on their Camper Information Form. The Town of Newmarket would prefer that children aged nine and under be signed in and out by a parent/guardian.
If your child will be absent from a day of camp please call the Camp Central Line at 905-953-5300, ext. 2825 or 2826. If your call goes to voicemail, please leave your name, phone number, your child's first and last name, and the camp they are attending. We will be sure to get the information to the proper camp.
A $2 late fee will apply for every 5 minutes that your child has not been signed out once camp has ended. Late fee payments are accepted online through your Quik-E Link account, or at your nearest Customer Service Desk.
Back by popular demand! Kids on the Move – Pop Up Program is back for Summer 2022. This program gives children an opportunity to engage and socialize in a safe and friendly atmosphere. Each program is 3 hours in length and geared for ages 4 – 12 years. Staff will lead small groups through a variety of games, sports, arts and crafts, and outdoor activities which are designed for participants to have fun. Pre-registration is not available, only walk-ins will be permitted.
- Walk-ins ONLY. Pre-registration is not available. Entry is available on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Check-in and sign-out will take outdoors, behind Stonehaven Elementary School.
- In case of inclement weather or extreme heat, the program will move to Stonehaven Elementary School's gymnasium.
- All participants must fill out our Kids on the Move Participant Information Form. This form only needs to be filled out once for the entire summer! If you are unable to print the form out beforehand, a blank form will be provided to you on-site.
- Click here to download our Kids on the Move Participant Information Form
Participants should bring
- Water bottle - please label with participants name.
- Hat/Sun Protection
- Close-toed shoes
Age: 4 – 12 Years
Time: 1 to 4 p.m.
Location: Stonehaven Elementary School (875 Stonehaven Ave)
Kids on the Move Dates:
- July 11 – 15
- July 18 – 22
- July 25 – 29
- August 2 – 5
- August 8 – 12
- August 15 – 19