Presented by The Chris Cartwright Team
Thank you to everyone who took the time to clean up over the past two weeks and attended the Community Cleanup BBQ & Event.
If you have not already emailed firstname.lastname@example.org with the location of your garbage bags, please do so by Monday May 6 at 4:30 p.m. Please remember to place your garbage by the permanent waste receptacles located in each of the Town of Newmarket parks.
Our Parks Department will be collecting all garbage bags left at each permanent waste receptacle location as they make their scheduled visits during the week of Monday May 6.
Cleanup Date(s): Tuesday April 23 - Saturday May 4, 2019 - Community Cleanup Kits available at Town of Newmarket Customer Service Kiosks
Time: During Customer Service Kiosk operating hours & 9 to 11 a.m. on Saturday May 4.
Location(s): Municipal Offices (395 Mulock Drive), the Magna Centre (800 Mulock Drive) and the Ray Twinney Recreation Complex (100 Eagle St. W)
BBQ Date: Saturday, May 4, 2019
Time: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Location(s): Municipal Offices (395 Mulock Drive)
Help keep our neighbourhoods clean with the 41st Annual Community Cleanup 2019.
This year features a two week long cleanup period launching the day after Earth Day. From Tuesday April 23 to Saturday May 4, Community Cleanup kits will be available (while quantities last) at our Town of Newmarket Customer Service Kiosks. Residents are encouraged to pick up a cleanup kit and take the supplies back to their neighbourhoods and parks to clean over the two weeks, at a time that works best for them.
On Saturday May 4, join us at the Municipal Offices (395 Mulock Drive) as we host our annual Community Cleanup 2019 event, where we will have Community Cleanup kits available at 9 a.m. for those looking to clean up in the morning, followed by our traditional complimentary BBQ from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. where we invite all of those who volunteered their time throughout the two weeks in helping cleanup our community and show our appreciation. BBQ entertainment will include an inflatable, DJ, train rides on the Tim Horton's Express Train, facepainting and more.
Share how you helped clean your community! Tag @townofnewmarket and use the hashtag #icleanedup
If you would like to sign up to volunteer with this event please click here.
High school volunteers participating in the clean up can be signed off for volunteer hours to a maximum of 3 hours. Please bring your completed forms to the BBQ on May 4 from 11am-1pm to have them signed by the Event Organizer.
How to clean up:
- Pick a park or greenspace in Newmarket to cleanup. Some suggested spaces include:
- Leslie street between Leslie Valley and Jacarandah Drive across
from Shanahan Ford
- Kent Drive
- Haskett Park (Millard Ave.)
- Bathurst Street (West side from Keith Avenue to Mulock Drive)
- Bathurst Street (Mulock Drive to St. John's Sideroad)
- Mulock Drive (Bathurst Street to Yonge Street)
- Parkland behind Armitage Public School (125 Savage Rd)
- Greenspace around Tannery Mall (465 Davis Dr)
- Walking path between Mulock Drive and Sawmill Valley Drive
- Superior Street (Davis Drive to Ontario Street)
- Davis Drive (Prospect St. and Leslie St.)
- Magna Centre/Soccer Pitches
- London Rd. and Main Street
- Main Street North (North of Davis Drive)
- Jim Bond Park (Jordanray Blvd)
- Harry Walker Parkway (South of Davis)
- Sawmill Valley and Yonge St.
- George Street
- Ray Twinney Complex & McCaffrey Rd.
- Stackhouse Street (No Frills Plaza)
- Woodland Hills Labyrinth Park (Ford Wilson Blvd)
- Environmental Park (Woodspring Ave)
- Bonshaw Park (Bonshaw Ave)
- Quaker Park (William Roe Blvd)
- All Our Kids Play Park (Timothy St.) - cleaned!
- Protect yourself! Wear gloves (provided in cleanup kit) and close-toed shoes.
- Place garbage in the black bags and recycling in the clear bags.
- When you are finished, leave your garbage bags, recycling bags, and large items by the permanent garbage cans in the park or by the curb of the greenspace where it will be picked up by Town staff.
- Email the Event Organizer, Sarah Ernst, email@example.com to follow up on what park you cleaned and where the garbage to pick up is located.
- Join us on Saturday, May 4 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. for a free BBQ to thank everyone for cleaning!
Safety Tips and Things to Remember:
- There are two weeks and a variety of locations to clean up so use your discretion when choosing a day and location to ensure your safety.
- Please stay off private property.
- For your safety, stay away from railway tracks, rivers, river banks and road ways.
- Do NOT pick up glass, needles, sharp objects or dead animals. If you come across any of these dangerous items please leave them where you found them but let us know their location when you send a follow up email to the Event Organizer about where you left your garbage.
- If an item is too large to move to the garbage can, please leave it where it is and again, notify the Event Organizer in your follow up email.
- All children participating under the age of 12 should be supervised by an adult.
Unsure about what goes in the blue bin and what goes in the garbage? The Bindicator Tool from York Region can help you decide!
Support Newmarket's green initiatives by walking, carpooling or taking the bus.
For up-to-date weather and/or cancellation details of Town-run outdoor events call 1-877-PLAY936 on the date of the event, 2 hours prior to the start time. For more information please contact 905-895-5193 or firstname.lastname@example.org.