Municipal Office

395 Mulock Drive P.O. Box 328 Station Main, Newmarket, Ontario
L3Y 4X7

Email Us

​​​Selling Consumer Fireworks in Newmarket

The Town of Newmarket requires all vendors selling Consumer Fireworks in a Mobile, Temporary Sale Premise or a Permanent Sales Premise to obtain a licence. You can apply for a licence by completing an application form available at the Town of Newmarket's Legislative Services department and submit it with the following documentation:

  • Payment of any applicable fee(s) established by the Town
  • A Police Vulnerable Sector Screening Clearance Letter within your local police service issued within 30 days of the application for the person engaged in the sale of consumer fireworks
  • A letter of permission from the owner of the property you are selling consumer fireworks from
  • A sketch and description of the building or property for the proposed sale of consumer fireworks


By-law 2015-18 - A By-law for the Licensing, Regulating the Sale and Setting Off of Fireworks

For the application form please see the Applications, Licenses and Permits page.​

Additional Information 

For more information on the sale of consumer fireworks, please contact the Licensing Division at 905-953-5300, ext. 2221 or [email protected]