- No vehicle is permitted to park for more than three consecutive hours on any street in Newmarket except between the hours of 7 to 11 p.m. unless otherwise posted
- No vehicle shall park within two feet of a driveway or laneway
- Vehicles are not permitted to park on or over sidewalks, or over boulevards located between the sidewalk and roadway, including driveway ramps
- No person is permitted to park a vehicle on private property without the consent of the owner or occupant of the property
- Vehicles are not permitted to park within 10 feet of a fire hydrant
- Parking in prohibited areas, facing the wrong direction is not permitted on any Town street
- Parking of trucks in excess of 2,500 kg (2.7 tonnes) on any residential street is not permitted
- Parking or stopping on designated fire routes is not permitted
- Parking a vehicle in a space designated for disabled persons without displaying a valid disabled person's permit
- Parking and stopping is prohibited on all front yards or side yards unless permitted under the Town's Zoning By-law
- Parking and stopping is prohibited on the Town's boulevards unless exempt by a Town of Newmarket By-law
- From November 1 to April 15, no vehicle(s) are to be parked on any roadway between the hours of 2 and 6 a.m.
- Residents are also reminded that as of
November 1, it is strictly prohibited to park a vehicle on any roadway so as to interfere with the clearing of snow, regardless of whether or not there is snow on the ground.
The following is an overview of the common parking regulations within the Town of Newmarket under the Parking By-law 1993-62.
Parking exemptions are available through the Town of Newmarket for a fee beginning on April 16, 2019. For more information, please view our parking exemptions webpage.