- Walk–in registrations are not permitted for any Pickleball drop-in programs. Pre-registration is required. Effective Sunday March 19th, registration begins at 8 a.m. for Newmarket residents and 12 noon for Non-residents.
- Pickleball ranking system can be viewed by clicking here
- Drop-in program sessions are non-refundable and non-transferable. Should the Town of Newmarket cancel programs and/or program sessions beyond the control of our participants, a credit will be processed to your account.
- Waitlists are managed regularly and are treated on a first come, first serve basis. Should a spot become available a Town staff person will contact you to advise accordingly. Do not come into the facility until you have been contacted by a Town staff person. If you do not wish to register or cannot be reached, you will be deleted from the waitlist and the next name will be contacted. You will not be contacted should there not be availability. Drop-ins are not permitted at this time.
Withdrawals and Cancellations
If you cannot make your scheduled time you can log back into your account and withdraw yourself from the scheduled session/class or you can notify us by emailing
[email protected] with CANCEL in the subject line or call 905-953-5303. A credit will be applied to your account.
No Show Policy
- 1st No Show – An email will be sent to your attention to advise you of our cancellation process and no show policy.
- 2nd No Show – Your account will be frozen and reservations will be not permitted for one (1) week.
Outdoor Pickleball Courts will remain open for use until further notice. For a list of what’s open and what’s closed
We have 4 locations for outdoor Pickleball:
- Quaker Park (6 dedicated Pickleball courts)
- Joe Persechini Park (2 tennis courts offering 6 temporary Pickleball courts with portable nets).
- Hasket Park and Glen Cedar tennis courts have pickleball lines painted within the tennis lines to allow for dual purpose courts, using the tennis nets
If you have any further questions, please feel free to email [email protected].
Assumption of Risk
The Town of Newmarket in collaboration with York Region Public Health, continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation. Users of the Town of Newmarket facilities, buildings and/or amenities are reminded that the facilities, buildings and/or amenities are open for use at your own risk. An inherent risk of exposure to communicable diseases including COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. By visiting any Town of Newmarket facility, building and/or amenity you voluntarily assume all risks including any risk of injury, loss, damage, and possible exposure to a communicable disease including COVID-19. We remind you to follow the COVID-19 precautionary guidelines being recommended by various Canadian health authorities including the York Region Public Health Unit, Ontario Health and Public Health Agency of Canada.
Click here to sign up for the Recreation E-Newsletter for updates.
We welcome our community's feedback and input and would love to hear from you on what programs / activities you would like to see offered by the Town. Email us at [email protected] with your suggestions.
Stay up-to-date on the latest Town updates by following @TownofNewmarket on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and visit Newmarket.ca/COVID19.
Questions? Should you have any questions, please contact the Customer Service Kiosk by phone at 905-953-5303 or e-mail: [email protected]. The Kiosk is available Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be program disruptions, changes and facility closures. We continue to offer alternative ways to serve the community. Learn about Newmarket's approach to reopening and for current information and resources. For any inquiries, please email [email protected].