All swimming pools and hot tubs within the Town of Newmarket that can hold 0.6 metres (two feet) of water will require an enclosure. All enclosures require a permit and must comply with the Town's Pool Enclosure By-law 2008-18. For more information on swimming pool enclosures, contact Legislative Services at 905-953-5300 ext. 2220.
Swimming Pool Enclosure Permit Process
In order to obtain a Swimming Pool Enclosure Permit, the following documents must be presented and brought into the Legislative Services department at the Municipal Offices
- Completed Swimming Pool Enclosure Permit Application Form
- Completed Undertaking and Indemnification Form
- Two copies of the property site plan showing the proposed location of the swimming pool and equipment in relation to property lines, buildings and easements (these may be hand drawn)
- Completed and signed Developer's Clearance Letter (required for Inground and Onground Pools/ Un-assumed Subdivision)
- Permit Fee as prescribed in the Town's Fees By-law