bin organics are collected every week on your scheduled collection day. To determine your collection day, please check our online Recycle Coach app or refer to the Waste and Recycling Calendar.
Please remember to place waste containers at the curb no later than 7 a.m. on your scheduled collection day and no earlier than 5 p.m. the night before collection. Ensure that waste material set out for collection is in accordance with the Town's waste program requirements.
Certified compostable bags must be used to line your green bin or kitchen catcher. Please ensure that all organic waste material is bagged properly and securely tied.
maximum weight per green bin and its contents must not exceed 22 kg (50 lbs).
Waste Set-out Requirements
- Place green bins at the curb by 7 a.m. for collection on your scheduled collection day. Do not place containers on the road or sidewalk as it may pose as a hazard to vehicular traffic and other residents. Proper placement will also help avoid damage to containers and will reduce interference with Town operations.
- Keep green bins separate from your neighbours.
- Do not overfill green bins.
- During winter months, do not place green bins on top of or behind snow banks as it can be difficult for the collection operator to access, and may cause waste material to spill onto the roadway.
- The maximum weight per green bin and its contents must not exceed 22 kg (50 lbs).
Additional Green Bins Due to COVID-19 all facilities and buildings remain closed until further notice. If you need to make a purchase for additional green bins, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number, address and number of bins required. Our Customer Service Centre will be in touch with you regarding payment and delivery. Please do not send payment information through email. You can also call 905-953-5303 to place your order. Broken Green Bins
Green bins are replaced free of charge if broken. Call our waste contractor Green for Life (GFL) at 1-866-421-5625 to schedule a replacement bin exchange. Broken green bins must be at the curb on the date of exchange agreed to with our contractor GFL in order to receive a replacement bin.
Missed Waste Collection
For missed waste collection or waste collection inquiries, please contact our waste collection contractor Green for Life Environmental (GFL) at 1-866-421-5625 or via email at WasteLine@gflenv.com.
What goes in the green bin?
- Incontinence products
- Nail clippings
- Sanitary products
- Small house plants (including soil and flowers)