Christmas tree collection for 2021 has ended. Please check back for 2022 collection dates.
Artificial trees are not collected. Please visit the Large Item Collection page for disposal information.
Christmas Tree Collection Reminders:
- Place tree at the curb no later than 7 a.m.
- Remove all nails and decorations (ornaments, tinsel, lights, etc.) prior to collection.
- Remove tree stands and bags.
- Do not place Christmas trees on top of, inside or behind a snowbank. Collection staff will not dig through snow or climb a snowbank to retrieve a tree.
- Trees must not be greater than 1.8 metres (6 feet) in height; cut in two if tree exceeds this height.
If you have a Christmas tree for disposal after your scheduled collection day, please keep your tree until yard waste collection begins in the spring. Alternatively, trees can be taken to a York Region waste depot that accepts yard waste (fees apply).
For collection inquiries, please contact our waste collection contractor Green for Life Environmental (GFL) at 1-866-421-5625 or via email at WasteLine@gflenv.com.