2024 Christmas tree collection will take place during the weeks of January 2-5 and January 16-19 on your designated collection day.
Artificial trees are not collected. Please visit the Large Item Collection page for disposal information.
Christmas Tree Collection Reminders:
- Place tree at the curb no later than 7 a.m.
- Remove all nails and decorations (ornaments, tinsel, lights, etc.) prior to collection.
- Remove tree stands and bags.
- Do not place Christmas trees on top of, inside or behind a snowbank. Collection staff will not dig through snow or climb a snowbank to retrieve a tree.
- Trees must not be greater than 1.8 metres (6 feet) in height; cut in two if tree exceeds this height.
If you have a Christmas tree for disposal after your scheduled collection day, please keep your tree until yard waste collection begins in the spring. Alternatively, trees can be taken to a York Region waste depot that accepts yard waste (fees apply).
For collection inquiries, please contact our waste collection contractor Green for Life Environmental (GFL) at 1-866-421-5625 or via email at [email protected].